Friday, May 20, 2011

Les Amours Imaginaires

I'm one of those people who prefer lush cinematopgraphy and poetic dialogues over ones with complex plots. Sometimes I skip to a certain part of my favourite movie just to enjoy the magical cinematography it has to offer. This is what I hype so much about gay directors; they have to make sure their characters are in idealized fashion and visually acceptable angles and put so much effort on soundtracks. But i'm sure there is something special about Xavier Dolan that I can see it from his Wong-Kar-Wai's slow-motion, Almodovar's stylized hue and referenced dialogues like Woody Allen's. "Les Amours Imaginaires" may not ready to be his masterpiece but i'm sure this guy has a lot of space to grow. And if you are a style-over-substance film fan like me, you will definitely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment